Login or Register to access the FusionFall Legacy Official Community forums!
Login or Register to access the FusionFall Legacy Official Community forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Legacy PortalLegacy Portal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

/>

Would anyone be interested in..

Go down 
+2
Shonex
Hope
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hope

Hope

Would anyone be interested in..  Empty
PostSubject: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:51 pm

A dating-type thing that's completely optional between you and the NPCs in the game?
I suggested it, but two of the fellow staff members have shot it down.
As I said before, it's completely optional.
We are planning relationships between certain characters, but I was thinking about leaving certain characters (Ben, Bubbles, Buttercup, etc.) single for a possible dating system of some sort.
How it would work would be that you could have the option to give your favorite NPCs gifts and build an affection level, and you could have the potential to "date" them, which would include dialogue from said character that's sweet or encouraging in a more "romantic" way, possible missions for EXP boosts (Ex. Maybe Bubbles wants a new Octi doll after the fusions stole hers, get her a special one, get bonus EXP) or just a general boost for talking to your "partner" once a day or once a week.
If the whole system thing gets shot down as an idea, maybe it could be a Valentine's event? I'm not sure, but I want to see what you guys think.
Sure, it's not the first thing on every player's minds, that's why it's totally optional, but it's there!

Edit: Okay, so how would people feel if it was just an event for V-day?

Last edited by Hope on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://geekachuu.deviantart.com
Shonex

Shonex

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:17 pm

I'm okay with this.....why? idk, but I'm completely okay with this for some odd reason.
Back to top Go down
Elven_Lord

Elven_Lord

Location : Everywhere in Cartoon Network Universe, helping heroes discover their destiny!

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:43 am

No, that would feel...weird. Sorry, but I don't really like it.
Back to top Go down
RudyJJ

RudyJJ

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:24 pm

I think it would be a major turn off for future players of Fusionfall Legacy. If more players come back from fusionfall they will want a serious recreation of the game. The dating would be a huge distraction for the gameplay environment. We are suppose to be fighting fuse, not having a fling with our favorite Cartoon Network Characters. I don't see how a dating element would contribute to the gameplay of Fusionfall. If any newcomers(especially people who played the game before) see the ability to date the characters, they might see Legacy as a group of ditzy teenagers, or over obsessed and delusional fans. I mean I get obsessed and delusional sometimes But I don't think people will be interested in a game that comes off as a warped fan obsession.

It is okay to have the characters date each other. That won't come off as fans trying to fulfill some twisted obsession fantasy. If you guys feel like a relationship between 2 NPCs can contribute to the fusionfall story then go for it!

(P.S. if you incorporated Dexter/Blossom into the story I will love you guys! They are a very lovely couple. but and story writing has to be good story writing. Don't add a relationship just because people request it. Add a relationship because it makes sense and contributes to the plot)
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:49 pm

RudyJJ wrote:
I think it would be a major turn off for future players of Fusionfall Legacy. If more players come back from fusionfall they will want a serious recreation of the game. The dating would be a huge distraction for the gameplay environment. We are suppose to be fighting fuse, not having a fling with our favorite Cartoon Network Characters. I don't see how a dating element would contribute to the gameplay of Fusionfall. If any newcomers(especially people who played the game before) see the ability to date the characters, they might see Legacy as a group of ditzy teenagers, or over obsessed and delusional fans. I mean I get obsessed and delusional sometimes But I don't think people will be interested in a game that comes off as a warped fan obsession.

It is okay to have the characters date each other. That won't come off as fans trying to fulfill some twisted obsession fantasy. If you guys feel like a relationship between 2 NPCs can contribute to the fusionfall story then go for it!

(P.S. if you incorporated Dexter/Blossom into the story I will love you guys! They are a very lovely couple. but and story writing has to be good story writing. Don't add a relationship just because people request it. Add a relationship because it makes sense and contributes to the plot)
We've made a list of potential couples, and we've all agreed on Blossom and Dexter, so yes, they'll be there.
I can kind of understand what you're going with that, but as I said before, it's optional and probably won't be too pushed out in the game if people actually like the idea. It'll just be some cutesy stuff.
I mainly put this in there to (hopefully) attract more female players.

How would you feel if it was a valentine's event of some sort, and not an actual game mechanic?
Back to top Go down
RudyJJ

RudyJJ

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Well I think there would be more time to talk about it as a valentine's day event. You would still need to get the game operational. If it's going to be "cutesy" stuff it is best to leave it as an event thing. Tiny dating things are unnecessary long term and Big dating things might be off putting. But still I am skeptical of a dating NPCs even for valentines day.

I am so glad you are writing Dexter Blossom! I love you guys. Are you guys planning to be true to the original Fusionfall Canon or are you going to be making your own Fusionfall Legacy Canon. The fusionfall wiki has documentation of the canon although I give it a C-, because we were unable to successfully document all the missions. But the lower level the mission, the more likely that we documented it. All of the original Nano missions are documented.
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:47 pm

RudyJJ wrote:
Well I think there would be more time to talk about it as a valentine's day event. You would still need to get the game operational. If it's going to be "cutesy" stuff it is best to leave it as an event thing. Tiny dating things are unnecessary long term and Big dating things might be off putting. But still I am skeptical of a dating NPCs even for valentines day.

I am so glad you are writing Dexter Blossom! I love you guys. Are you guys planning to be true to the original Fusionfall Canon or are you going to be making your own Fusionfall Legacy Canon. The fusionfall wiki has documentation of the canon although I give it a C-, because we were unable to successfully document all the missions. But the lower level the mission, the more likely that we documented it. All of the original Nano missions are documented.

Well, since I'm probably going to be writing out a lot of the plot, we're going to stick to the same "goal": defeat fuse. But as for most of the lore, we're going to try some new stuff. We have things after the game planned especially.

And yeah, while we are going to wait for events, we're just trying to have everything planned out in advance, so if the game launches before a holiday, we can have the event idea ready to roll.
Back to top Go down
bropup

bropup

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:39 pm

I dont like the dating part, but the affection level is good! Like maybe when you get an npcs affection level high enough, theyll give you free stuff! Also, there could be nano missions that you can only get with high affection!
Back to top Go down
BeccaNighteon
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
BeccaNighteon

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:59 pm

What about players' marriage and have their own home?
Back to top Go down
http://fusionfall-players.forumotion.com/
RudyJJ

RudyJJ

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:50 pm

I think MARRIAGE is a big stretch, lets remember our avatars are suppose to be in their teenage years. Relationships with players is pushing it although it would still be appropriate, and marriage is really pushing it.

Now I think a house is a great way of having more individual expression in the game, Although there are a few questions that should be answered. I don't want to go off topic with this thread so if you make another thread for houses I will ask them.
Back to top Go down
BeccaNighteon
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
BeccaNighteon

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 am

Hmm, sure, i'll do it soon.
Back to top Go down
http://fusionfall-players.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in..    Would anyone be interested in..  Empty

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Suggestions :: Suggestions-
Jump to: